Friday, March 17, 2006

We have made it to week 31

Well, we are average!

According to our Dr in Cincinnati, the average gestational age of patients who were diagnosed and treated for TTFS is 31 weeks. This is a good thing. We have made it this far and we are very thankful to the team at the Fetal Care Center of Cincinnati.

The last two weeks we have had Dr appointments and at each of those, they do what is called a BPP (Bio-Physical Profile) where they look for movement, breathing, and other things. They score points for each event. Joseph has scored an 8 out of 8 last week and a 10 out of 10 this week. Needless to say, we are very happy and grateful to God for these good reports. After all that we have been through, every Dr's visit can be a bit apprehensive.

We are praying that Joseph will go to full-term (May 19th) and that Joseph continues to grow and develop during these next few weeks. He weighs just over 4 lbs and we were able to see his face for the first time on an ultrasound last week. When the technician handed the pictures to
my wife and then handed them to me, I looked at them and then wept because I could not believe that I was looking at my son for the first time via ultrasound. I have the picture here in my office at home. The only thing that will be more emotional will be when he is born and I will be able to look at him live and in person.

Thank you for your prayers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home