Sunday, January 15, 2006

Day 8 - Road weary

My father in law and I decided that we would go to church this morning. We went and attended the morning service at FBC Milford. This church has done a lot for us on a personal level and many people there have been praying for us. Once church was over, we drove back to the house and we went to get some lunch. Skyline Chili was our dining experience. We also went out and got some Graters Ice Cream, another Cincinnati favorite. We stayed pretty close to the Ronald McDonald House. It is interesting to hear the stories of other families and why they are here. We see children who suffer and we are glad that they are getting the same level of care that we have received since we have been here. It is still hard to see a child suffer, but most of them don't even complain, they go on about their daily routines as if nothing was wrong. You can see the stress in the parents, though.

Later this evening, I felt like I was going to lose it mentally, we have been through so much and sometimes there has not been enough time to process these things. I came to a point where I just wanted to go home, but I realized that I was just rundown and exhausted.

It is times like these where we are thankful for the prayers of God's people on our behalf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home