Sunday, January 15, 2006

Day 7 - Jonathan David Lange

I awoke around 8:30 and got ready. Around 9 am I called my mother in law to see if they had done the ultrasound and to see when they were going to discharge Heidi. I knew when I heard the quiver in her voice and she gave the phone to Heidi that something was not right. Last night, when I talked to Heidi at 9:30pm, both boys heart rates were fine. But apparently sometime between 9:30 pm on Friday and 8:30 am on Saturday morning, our son Jonathan David Lange, went to be with the Lord.

I got my father in law and we raced over to the hospital. I walked as fast as I could to get to Heidi's room and she was weeping and then I began to weep as I heard the news. I could not believe that our son was gone. I saw him on the ultrasound, I talked to him numerous times, usually at night before we went to bed. We prayed for our children every night. He was gone and our hearts were broken. Heidi and I spent some time alone in her hospital room, we cried and held each other, we had prayer and then just sat there in silence for a few minutes. Her parents had left us alone and then they returned a little while later. I had to call my family and that was not easy. I called my mother and told her and she wept with me and she agreed to call my father since I was not able to talk to him.

They discharged Heidi about noon and we went back to the Ronald McDonald House and she was able to get cleaned up and she wanted to get some real food, so we were able to locate a Golden Corral. My brother in law also came down from Piqua,OH to be with us for most of the day.

I spent some time later in the evening sending emails out regarding our sons and answering others.

We know that our son is with the Lord and we will see him someday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael R. Jones said...

Terry and Heidi:

We had no idea that one of your babies went to be with the Lord. We pray for you both and your son that the Lord will comfort both of you and strenghten you. I will mention you to our church and know that all will be praying also.

I have tried to email you of late and the emails have come back so you'll have to send me your current address.

Michael R. Jones

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home