Saturday, January 28, 2006

Everything is fine... for now

We were at the Dr on Friday and they said that everything is fine right now. Joseph is very active and he seems to be doing very well. The Dr stated that 3-4 weeks following the procedure will give them the best idea of how everything is progressing. He did reiterate the importance of Heidi staying on bedrest.

We were relieved because we have gone to so many Dr appointments and the news at those times had not been good. It was a relief because we have been through so much since January 4th.

Tomorrow marks Heidi's sixth month of pregnancy (week 24). The Dr's in Cincinnati are wanting Joseph to hang on until at least week 31. Every week after the 31st week is good for minimizing such things as pre-term labor, premature birth and the subsequent complications, etc. Joseph's due date is May 19th, but the Dr's think that he will come early, hopefully not before April!

We are eagerly awaiting his arrival. I went and bought the first set of diapers and I was glad that I had a coupon! We are getting ready to make preparation for his arrival. My office is soon to be transformed into his room and I will relocate my office into a corner of it. I hope he doesn't mind all of the office stuff, then again he might get an early start reading with all of the books in here.

I hope that my wife can make it through the bedrest period. I know that it is hard to be cooped up at home. I remind her that it is for Joseph and her to be as healthy as possible before the delivery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home