Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Day 10 - Final testing, etc.

We went at 8:00 AM for an ultrasound and I was very tense because I was not sure if I could deal with any bad news regarding Joseph. I did not want to eat anything until this ordeal was over. We had the ultrasound and met with the Dr. He said that everything was fine with Joseph and he was doing fine. He also wanted to know if we had any questions and how we were doing emotionally regarding the loss of Jonathan. We told him that we were up and down, but we were doing as well as can be expected. He was very compassionate and told us to keep in touch and to send him a birth picture.

When we walked out, we were relieved to know that Joseph is doing well.

We had the echocardiogram this afternoon. The cardiologist said that Joseph's heart is doing well and functioning normally. He did comment that some of the numbers were up from the previous testing last week before the procedure, but they are saying that could be that Joseph's heart has not had enough time to adjust since the procedure to correct the Twin to Twin. They did notice that the valve leakage that they found previously was now gone, so that is an encouraging sign.

When we left Minneapolis 10 days ago it was snowing there and 60 here in Cincinnati. Now as I am typing this, the rain has now turned over to snow, so it must be time to go home!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Terry, may the Lord be very near to you and your wife at this time. I know it's very difficult. Our thoughts and prayers will be with little Joseph!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

Terry

I have only just caught up with your sad news.

Last year my wife and I were expecting a baby - our first (and would have been only) child together (I have a step-son). But the Lord took her home. (I call her 'her' but I don't know that)

It was not long into the pregnancy, but one day she was there and the next she was gone.

This isn't to re-hash my own pain and trials for sympathy - but just to say - I can understand some of what you feel.

Praying for you with deepest sympathy.

underneath are the everlasting arms

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home